[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Obtaining Russain Records

Jim McCutcheon jmccutch at execpc.com
Wed Jan 2 10:03:50 PST 2002

Dear list members,
    Having received my grandfather's Declaration of Intent to become a
citizen, I now know where he was born and would like to get the record
of his birth. I have the address of the Ukraninian Archive that is
closest to his birthplace, Dubno.  However, I do not know Russian and
only know that  the Cyrillic alphabet is very different than our
alphabet.  How does one go about getting records in this circumstance?
Thanks for whatever assistance you can provide.
Susan