[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] MUELLERS in Ibersheim - Roll call

Karen Miller karen at krl.org
Wed Jan 9 19:57:20 PST 2002

Hello.  Here is my roll call.

We are connected to Jacob MUELLER, who lived in Ibersheim in
1753 and was married to a Susanna ?.  I would like to learn of his
parents.

They had four children:

* Marie, born 15 Dec 1760, died 10 Oct 1794, married Johann VON HOWEN,
Junior 5 Aug 1785.

* Minister Heinrich, born 1758

* Jacob, came to Galcia in 1785 from the Palatinate.  He died in the
Paltinate Pfalz, Germany (Ger. Rheinland). His wife (unknown) who died
before 1785 in Austria.

Elizabeth born 8 Aug 1770 in Ibersheim, died 20 Nov Einsiedel, married 10
June 1786 Daniel Merk

This Mueller family, although originally from Switzerland, lived for a
time at the Schafbusch, a Mennonite estate near the city of Weissenburg in
the Alsace on their migrational route to the Palatinate.

Now I have found a Jacob Mueller 1753-1827, born at Ibersheim, South
Germany, who was the first elder of the Mennonite Church at Einsiedel,
Galacia and an outstanding pioneer leader of the settlement.  A number of
his letters were written to relatives in the Paltinate, which were pritned
by Bachman, contain valuable information about the early Mennontie
settlement in Galacia.  He died  Sept. 11, 1827 after having served the
congregation for 43 years.
Thsi is from P. Bachman, Mennonites in Kleinpolen 1784-1934 (Lemberg,
1934) 134-43.

What is his connection, if any?

Also, a Jacob MUELLER, born 1834 in Ehrenfeld, died 1914.  How close was
this area to Ibersheim?

Thanks

Karen
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~kmiller/mueller.htm