[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Roll Call

Mary J. Heard mjhawhjr at ktc.com
Thu Jan 10 12:29:38 PST 2002

My Grandfather Roll and my Grandmother Marie Kluge Roll are my immigrating
forbears who came to the US in 1912, landing at Galveston, TX and proceeding
from there to Burton, TX where they farmed for the first ten years of their
life in the US.

The Roll lineup:
Roll;  pre 1820, whereabouts and where in Germany they originated from is
unknown;  1820 - 1867 in Gaci and Zakrzyn, small villages in the area of
Prazuchy, Congress Poland;  1867 - 1890 unknown and am searching;  1890 - 1902
in Pokaschew, Russian Volhynia;  1902 - 1912 in Berent, West Preussen,
Germany.

Lucius/Lucyus/Luzius;  1820 - 1867 in Zakrzyn, Congress Poland.

Giering/Giring;  1820 - 1867 in Zakrzyn, Congress Poland.

Fechner;  1820 - 1867 in Zakrzyn, Congress Poland.

The Kluge lineup:
Klug/Kluge;  pre 1865 unknown;  1866 first child listed in Zitomir archives;
1869 - 1800 in Wiesendorf, Russian Volhynia;  1880 - 1902 in Pokaschew,
Russian Volhynia;  1902 - 1912 Berent, West Preussen, Germany.

Zerezki/Zeretzki/Ceretzki; pre1865 unknown;  same as Kluge above.

Sonnenberg;  have Anna Sonnenberg, name only as wife of Ferdinand Zerezki, and
mother of Rosalie Zerezki who married Gottlieb Kluge sometime before 1865.

I would appreciate any suggestions of resources of information to research in
order to fill in my "unknowns."

The whole Roll family is interested in finding out WHERE in Germany we
originated.  This family was Lutheran and spoke the German that Luther used in
the translation of the Bible.  My mother says there was no platte Deutsch
spoken in the home or the school and they seldom heard it in the village.

Mary J. Heard
<mjhawhjr at ktc.com>