[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] name question

Jodie Grissom jlgrissom at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 15 14:14:06 PST 2002

Hi,

I have a question about the Polish Church Records.  I am researching my German
ancestors who moved from Pommern to Poland in the early 1800's, and then on to
Volhynia in the early 1830's.  I was wondering if I could expect their names
to be written in German if they have been recorded in the Polish Records, or
if the spelling of their surname would have been changed by the preist
recording the religious events to a polish spelling.  The names I am
researching in Poland are Baerwald, Wilsdorf, Depner, and Frederking.  All of
these families are Lutheran.  If anyone could help with this please write to
me.  Also if the Surnames are written different in Polish does anyone know how
they would be spelled in Polish, or where I could find out how they are
spelled in Polish.

Thank you for any help!

Jodie Grissom
jlgrissom at worldnet.att.net