[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Villages Yanovra or Pulganow, Bolonavoff, boulcabiff

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 29 10:07:20 PST 2002

At 11:03 PM 28/01/2002 -0700, Lorne Miller wrote:
>Hi could any tell me the real names of these villages, these are the names on
>there passports to Canada
>  Heinrich Mueller  son Richard was suppose to be born in Boulcabiff
>Heinrich Muelers wife was suppose to be confirmed in 1903 in Yanovra & born in
>Pulganow her name was Sophie Seib

Pulganow is accurate as shown and is located about 14 km almost due south
of Luck / Lutzk.

It appears there may be transliteration problems with the other two places
(I assume these were in Cyrillic on the passport?).

I would guess that Yanovra might be Yanovka / Janowka.  There are 10 places
with that name in Volhynia, none in the vicinity of Pulganow.

Boulcabiff / Bolonavioff seems too convoluted for me to make a guess at.

If you can send me a scan of the original passport (to me personally, not
via the list), I'd be glad to see if I can make better sense of it.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca