[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tiefenthal & Erlau

Jan Textor textor at post8.tele.dk
Sat Jul 6 01:42:53 PDT 2002

Karl Kruger wrote:
>     My father is German and was born in Tiefenthal Kreis Wartbruecken in
1940
> and christened in Erlau the following year. These villages/towns were in
the
> former area of Warthegau. Could anyone tell me where these places are in
> Poland?

Karl,
As far as I know, these names were only in use during WWII.  The locations
and Polish names of these towns/villages are as follows:

Wartbruecken = Kolo, location 52.11' N, 18.37' E
Tiefental = Glebokie, location 52.11' N, 18.52' E
Erlau = Olszowka, location 52.11' N, 18.50' E

Hope this helps.
Jan Textor, Denmark