[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Yomak ?

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 30 09:00:17 PDT 2002

Hi Georg.  I would recommend that you use
http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm to assist with your
search for these places.

I tried to do it for you but I got so many hits on all of them that I could
not decide on the best fit.  For example, I found 2 Lohmar in Germany which
might be what you are looking for but they are certainly not in the region
of Chelchen, Poland.  None of the 3 names fit modern Poland borders.  You
would have better knowledge about what is a good fit so it would probably
be best if you do the search yourself.

Good luck.

At 08:12 PM 29/07/2002 -0400, Georg Friederici wrote:
>I'm trying to findout the rigth spelling of a name from a region close to
>Poland:
>.                                       .
>Yomak  or
>Lomar or
>Homar  ?
>Only as info, the surname is Friederiszick (* 1790) in Chelchen.
>Appreciate any help
>Georg Friederici           www.friederici.de.vu
>.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta