[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Genealogy help

GHBoehm at aol.com GHBoehm at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 09:23:56 PDT 2002

In einer eMail vom 20.06.02 07:06:16 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt
roseingram at shaw.ca:

> I'm particurly interested in finding year 1850 Subjancen, Koenigberg,
> > Germany.

Hello Clarence,
I think there is some misspelling in the name. There was indeed a very small
village (94 inhabitants in 1933) called Schublauken [Szublauken, Schublau] in
the Gumbinnen county [Landkreis Gumbinnen] of East Prussia which you may be
looking for (American S instead of German Sch or Polish Sz, u instead of n
and American c instead of German k). The present name is Luzki, district of
Gussev [Gumbinnen]. Its coordinates are East 20 degrees 06 minutes, North 54
degrees 30 minutes, and it is located 2.3 km and 120 degrees from
Nemmersdorf, which is known today as Majakovskoe. You can find its evangelic
parish registers if you enter Nemmersdorf at Place Search of the LDS Family
History Library Catalog.

Good luck,
Guenther from Hilden, Germany