[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Plock or Plotzk??

Carolyn G. Schott cgschott at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 7 14:59:21 PST 2002

Hi all,

Would "Plotzk, Poland" be the same as "Plock"?

I'm searching for my SIEWERT family, who went from Prussia/Poland to
Bessarabia, Russia.  In the Bessarabian church books, Karl Siewert is shown
as being born in 1815 in "Plotzk, Poland."  I assumed that Plotzk would
really be Plock, ordered the appropriate microfilm....and found nothing.

While my ability to read the Polish is almost nonexistent, I'm pretty sure I
would have at least recognized the name Siewert, but I found nothing.  So -
either I've got the wrong place in Poland or the Bessarabian church records
are wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Carolyn