[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pultusk Parish

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 8 07:28:32 PST 2002

At 07:52 AM 08/03/2002 -0500, Don Kronenberger wrote:
>One branch of my Kronenberger family lived in Wiegolas, Pultusk Parish.
>However, Lutheran records appear to begin only in 1843 (and then only
>births).  Any guesses what Parish they would have been a part of prior to
>the founding of Pultusk Parish? I am very eager to locate death records
>for this family.

The data available on microfilm is for civil registers collected by
churches on behalf of the government.  Prior to the establishment of a
Lutheran Church, they would have had to register at the nearest Catholic
church.

This would probably be the parish centre in Pultusk but you may have to
consider the smaller nearby churches of Obryte, Sadykierz-Parcele, or Pniewo.

The above would be for pre1843 info.  For death records after that, I
cannot explain why they would be missing - except that if recorded in a
separate book, the entire book might be missing in which case you obviously
cannot find the records no matter what parish you look in.  Perhaps someone
else has further insight on this specific situation.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca