[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Benke Family from Volhynia

Donald Larson larsonhome at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 12:39:33 PST 2002

In the late 1800's, my grandmother's parents (along
with other families) emmigrated to the US from
Volhynia.  They settled in southwestern Michigan
(Benton Harbor and surrounding areas).  I am having
some difficulty in finding their arrival information
(ship, port, etc.) and what families actually came
over.

Following are some family names of emmigrants:
Benke/Behnke  Hafer/Haffer  Villwock  Schroeder
Nickles

Individuals include:
Gottlieb Benke
Charlotte Adeline Hafer
Ferdinand Hafer
Henrietta Frederike Willhelmine Villwock
Caroline Schroeder

Place names associated with these emmigrants include:
Kalisch, Poland
Scharlottental, Germany
Tutschin, Roebuc District, Shitomir Parish, Volhynia

I have a web site that gives what our family knows
about these emmigrants at:

http://www.myfamilyline.net/MyFamilyLine%20Web%20Folder/PS01/PS01_223.HTM

I would appreciate any information that you could
share and/or leads and research suggestions.

Thanks,
Don Larson