[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Benke Family from Volhynia

William Fife wmfife at telus.net
Fri Mar 8 15:42:43 PST 2002

Don and others on this list.  Please take this as constructive criticism and
not a complaint.

When listing names like those below, it would help if more information such
as birth date and spouse were included.  I have access to a fair amount of
information and often will take a quick look to see if I have information on
names posted to the list if there is enough information to identify the
individuals.  I do not have time to go to websites or other places to gather
more information on your names.

For example, the first name on your list is Gottlieb Benke.   There are 13
Gottlieb Benke's from the Poland/Volhynia area on the list I have.  How am I
to know if any of them are your Gottlieb?  As it turns out I did go to your
web site in this case and one of the Gottlieb Benke's on my list was born the
same day and year as yours and appears to be from the same area.  Not only is
Gottlieb Benke there, so are his parents, and grand parents.  Normally I
would not have taken the time to go to your website so in the future, please
give a little more information in the original request.

The information I have was taken from the database in the members only area
of the SGGEE website.  Some may ask why the information is restricted to
SGGEE Members.  It is the dues paid for the memberships that enables SGGEE to
pay for the research and extraction of this information.

Don, you ask for research suggestions.  You might look at the SGGEE website
as www.sggee.org for more information on Poland and Volhynia.

Please contact me personally if you want more information.

Bill Fife