[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] POLITZ

Opal White owhite at 3-cities.com
Sat Mar 9 07:31:59 PST 2002

Searching for location of POLITZ, probably Volhynia (record says Russi)  that
would be on the route my ancestors took from Warsaw to Kichinev. Facts I know:
they were traveling with a group of 12 families; they went by boat from
Przemysl on the Dniester River in 1834. A child was born at Politz in 1834
that I am trying to find birth records for. They were Lutheran. The time line
suggests the trek took at least two years; they would stop and work along the
way for funds to continue.  Has anyone ever heard of children born along the
way being baptised or birth recorded in local churches? Another record spells
the location POLLINITZ. Anyone have a map showing this location?   Opal in
Wash. State