[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Housekeeping: Posting messages from a different address

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 10 06:14:17 PST 2002

In recent weeks, I have experienced increasing problems processing messages
where people attempt to post messages from an address different than the
one they registered under. Every message that bounces requires work on my
part so I would appreciate your assistance by considering the following.

Our Mailman system does not recognize you as an individual. It only
recognizes an email address. Therefore you MUST post a message or a
response from the email address which you registered. If you do not, I must:
- go to the website to see what message bounced
- go through the list of subscribers (now around 240) to see if you are a
legitimate subscriber
- create a polite response message explaining why there is a problem

Doing it once is not a problem but doing it several times as is the case in
recent days takes significant time on my part.

IF you would like to be able to respond from different addresses, you can
easily do so as follows.
- subscribe under two or more email addresses
- assuming that you only want to receive one copy of all messages, use the
website to set the other email addresses to "No mail".

You can then post from any of those recognized addresses but receive
postings at only one of them.
Thank you.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca