[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pastor Johannson

Hakimk2 at aol.com Hakimk2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 08:51:29 PST 2002

Don.

This is in regard to your letter to "Nelson" on 3/20/02. The notes I have
regarding the time of death of pastor Julius Hermann Johannson are somewhat
different. In the AHSGR Work Paper NO. 22, Winter, 1976, page 23, paragraph
3, (referring to pastor Johannson)...."When it became possible for him to
return home in 1918, he died en route in Saratov." Also at www.wolhynien.de/
under "Kleine Photogalerie," "Konfirmationsurkund," there is an entry at the
end that reads as follows: (again referring to pastor Johannson) "In der
Verbannung an Cholera gestorben."

On my mother's confirmation record it appears as though the pastor signed his
name J. Johannsen.  In Ewald Wuschke's translation of the "Die
Evangelisch-Lutherischen Gmeiden in Russland," found in the Wandering
Volhynians, Vol. 3, # 3, Sept. 1990, p. 14-15, he spelled the pastors name as
J. Johannsen.

Do you or any of the other subscribers have additional clues as to which
information is correct?

Harold A. Kwast