[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Recording illegitimate birth in PAF?

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Fri Mar 22 13:44:02 PST 2002

Jerry,

An illegitimate birth by most definitions means that the parents were not
married.  In the old records, that usually also means that the father is
not listed.  Hence you record the mother of the child, but do not enter any
data for the father, unless he is mentioned.  Sometimes later when the
child is married, the child has a father listed, so I would assume that his
mother told him who the father was.  In that case I would add the father in
your database and add a note that indicates that the parents were not
married.  Some programs (not PAF 5 as near as I can tell) will also allow
you to select an option from a drop box that indicates that the couple were
not married.

Gary Warner