[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village locations; was Re: U of Berkley maps link change

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sun May 5 18:32:18 PDT 2002

It appears that Stare Dubiszcze does not appear on the modern map but
Dubiszcze is there.

 From the map at the main link, click on Ukraine.  On the NW corner, click
the square with Luck in it.

Now click #39 Lutsk.  The upper left corner of that map is 51N 25E.

Go to the right to grid #80 and down to #44.  I cannot reproduce the
characters for you but Dubiszcze is near the top of that square and looks
like  -yb-we  (where I cannot give you the dashed letters).

If you look in the grid box above it, you will see that the river is shown
with a fairly steep bank on both sides.  Alt Dubiszcze was a street village
that extended along the east bank of the river.