[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish translation for death records

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Mon May 6 14:09:27 PDT 2002

Hi Robin:
"akta zgonow" does mean death records.

If you are going to order a Film at the Family History Center, have them also
order a Polish Genealogical Word List, a 12 page pamphlet, if they can.  It
costs about a dollar.  You can also download and printout this Word List from
the www.familysearch.org site.  From the "Search" tab click "Research Helps"
and chose "P" from the alphabetical list and scroll down to the Polish Word

This Word List includes words you are likely to find in genealogical sources,
plus a section on variant forms of words and spellings.  Very handy to have
when viewing micofilms.   There are also Word Lists available for German and

Rose Ingram

From: "Robin Deems" Sent: 06 May, 2002 1:13 PM
> Hi list.  I was going to order a film from LDS (in Polish); I know that
> urodzen" is birth records; "akta malzenstw" is marriage records.  But the
> Polish translators did not come up with a translation for "akta zgonow"  I
> assuming it is death records, but the samples do not use this word.  Can
> someone assist?

More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia mailing list