[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish translation for death records

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon May 6 15:34:32 PDT 2002

Go to http://www.jewishgen.org/jgsi/

Click on library and you will see it is still for sale.  I had thought it
was out of print.  The author is currently president of the Society.  Not
sure what version John has.  Mine is the second edition dated 1989 and has
over 300 pages

The other option, more detailed, but also more expensive, is Fred
Hoffmann's book, "In Their Words" .  See http://www.langline.com

At 04:17 PM 06/05/2002 -0600, gpvjem wrote:
>     It is an excellent little book of 128 pages containing sample documents
>and all sorts of aids, too numerous to mention.
>     It was compiled and edited by Judith R.Frazin and published by The
>Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois (1984) .  ISBN 0-9613512-0-9   Their
>postal address was Box 480122, Niles, Illinois  USA 60648.  I can't remember
>the cost.
>
>John
>
>---------------------------------------
>     > John:
> >
> > Where did you get this handy booklet.   Sounds like another useful tool.
> >
> > RoseIngram
> >

> > From: "gpvjem" Sent: 06 May, 2002 2:18 PM
> > > Robin:
> > >     My excellent handy dandy booklet entitled "A Translation Guide to
> > > 19th-Century Polish Language Civil Registration Documents Birth,
>Marriage
> > > and Death Records"  indicates zgon = death.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca