[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BRAUN/ DANN/ DREHER

L. L. Scott llscott2000 at att.net
Mon May 20 09:37:54 PDT 2002

Alumni Record of the University of Illinois, 1906  p 363
Class of 1904
*2025. Walter Charles Emil Braun
Born Aug. 16, 1881, Elbing, Prussia.  f. Charles Emil Braun, June 20,
1845, Gros Muensterburg, Prussia.  m. Mathilda Christiana Dann, Sept.
18,
Groos Brunau, Prussia.

Prepared in Medill High School, Chicago.  Sigma Xi; Phi Lambda Upsilon.
B.A. Analytical Chemist, Armour & Co., Chicago, 1904-05.

Died July 7, 1905, Chicago, Ill.

----------------------------------
His mother's birthyear is missing -- looks like a typo in the book.
Hope this helps!  Courtsey - Carol Livingstone - index posted at
WorldConnect.

Thanks to the help of http://www.kartenmeister.com
I was able to identify the current location of these villages.
Gro_ Brunau   WP   Rosenberg  = Bronowo
http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/WPRU/wprus.html
Gro_ M|nsterberg   OP  Mohrungen  = Monasterzysko  Wielke
http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/OPRU/oprus.html
Both in Elblaskie.
Walter BRAUN was my grandfather's brother.
Without this alumni citation I could never have located the birth
place of their parents.   I have the immigration data and the birth
records
from Elbing/ Elblag for the two older sisters, but have been unable to
locate
more records.
Emil Braun (patternmaker) & Matilda Dann  immigrated to Chicago in 1891.

Their children were born in Elbing/ Elblag  WP/ Poland
Bertha Lisilte Nathalie Braun b 1873 md Rudolph Wrobbel  died NY
Emma Emilie Mathilde Braun  b. 1875 md  ??  returned to Europe died
after WWII
Walter Charles Emil Braun b 1881  never md  died 1905 Chicago, IL
Erich Bernhart Braun  b. 1885  md  Marjorie Bear  died 1933 CA

I am most appreciative for all the wonderful volunteers who have posted
info
to the internet that it made possible to find the info going past
Elbing.
I have only been working on this line about 30 years.
Any help appreciated, Thanks one and all.