[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Osiny; Was Re: digest, Vol 1 #166 - 8 msgs

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon May 27 17:03:01 PDT 2002

At 04:33 PM 27/05/2002 -0600, Adalbert Goertz wrote:
>re:
>Johann Scheler born abt May 1797 in Osiny, near Dabie Poland southwest of
> >>
>Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>
>Can someone pinpoint this place for me? What are the records which
>may be available? I find this spelled like Osing and Osching in
>German records relating to the Mennonite church of Wionczemin-Wymysle.

Hi Adalbert.  Good to see you reading our list.  Perhaps you can be of help
to some of those looking for Prussian connections.  I see that Ed Brandt is
going to be at the FEEFHS convention in Regina.  Will you be there too?

Osiny about 12 km NE of Dabie - at about 52/12 and 18/58, not really
anywhere close to the Wionczemin region.

Any chance you could be looking for Osnica just on the north side of the
river, about 5 km ESE of Plock?

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca