[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Please ignore the previous "spice girls" post

Jerry Frank gpvlistadmin at sggee.org
Fri Nov 1 07:43:59 PST 2002

This is the first message of this type that has made it past our controls.

It would appear that this occurred through someone spoofing a legitimate
subscriber's email address, as can happen with certain types of viruses.

You have NOT been infected with anything nor have you received a
virus.  Our control method of preventing attachments from getting through
has been effective in preventing this.  Only the message part made it past
our controls.

Also, please do not blame our subscriber.  He has no way of preventing
someone else from spoofing his address.  It is not his fault.  The real
origin of this post was a dial-up connection in Houston, Texas, well
outside the range of the Shaw ISP service.

We will try to improve our system if we can but, from time to time, a
message like this may sneak past our system and we apologize for that.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html