[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Posen vital records mid 1700s

Karl Lenz k.j.lenz at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 17 18:19:26 PST 2002

Hello Dick,

Although I do not have an answer for you regarding available Lutheran
records in the area, I do know that the Lutheran births, marriages and
deaths were recorded in the nearest Catholic Parish when the Lutheran
Churches were too far away or were not available in the area.  I have
reviewed the Witkowo Catholic Parish records for the years from 1730 to 1779
and found that many of the Lutherans living in the immediate area had their
BMD9s recorded therein.  As for the Catholic Parish of Rekawczyn
(Renkawtschin), I reviewed the Family History Library Catalog but did not
find any records microfilmed for that parish.  There are microfilmed records
for the nearby Catholic parish of Orchowo, but these may not be of any help
to you.

Karl Lenz