[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Landowie, Prussia

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 26 13:21:22 PST 2002

My best guess would be Ledowo where the "e" has a hook under it giving it
an Lan or Len sound.  There are 2 in Poland, both within former Prussian
territory.

One is about 10 km SE of Gdansk at about 54/16 and 18/45.

The other is close to the Baltic Sea, about 16 km NW of Slupsk and just a
short distance inland from the coastal town of Ustka, at 54/33 and 16/49.

At 03:41 PM 26/11/2002 -0500, John Faunt wrote:
>A town called Landowie, Prussia was listed as the birthplace of my ancestor,
>Anna Karoline Kisser, on her marriage record in the Sompolno Lutheran
>records. I have been unable to find this town. Is there anybody out there
>that knows where it is located?
>
>Thanks,
>John Faunt

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta