[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Searching Honig/Boehlke - Baranowka

Michelle Bakke-Purnell wldrose at telusplanet.net
Wed Oct 2 12:38:10 PDT 2002

Dear List
This is my first posting on this List, so I hope I do this right.  I do
belong to other Lists also.  I'm going to apologize for making this
long.  Yet I thought I would put all the infomation in so that I may get
some help.

My GreatGrandfather Otto Honig immigrated to the United States then
settled in Canada.  Up untill I started researching a couple of years
ago all that was know was his parents names.  Franz Honig and Bertha
Boehlke.  I made a find checking on some leads in North Dakota and found
family to Bertha Boehlke.  I have since gotten an extensive family tree
on Bertha's side, yet nothing is still known of Otto's immediate family.
 The story my mother new while growing up was that Otto and his brother
Albert escaped accross the boarder in the middle of the night and
boarded a ship for the U.S. where he was to live with his Aunt and
Uncle. ( Who is the family I found). His remaining family was killed in
Russia before he could get them over to North America.  I hit pay dirt a
couple of weeks ago and found Otto and his brother on the Ellis Island
site arriving on July 15 1911.  It had listed that the place he was from
was Baranouka.  I went on the Prussia List and they found a name of
Baranowka in  Volhynia.  I did some searching on the Oddesa site and
under Volhynia marriges 1880-1885 I found the marriage of his parents
Franz Honig and Bertha Boehlke on May 1 1883 in the Rosyszcze Parish.

This is what I know so far.  Otto Honig Born Aug 16 1892 - Now for years
my mother had his place of birth as Kiselin Russia.  His birth
certificate says Serdja Russia.  His parents were married in Volynia
Rosyszcze parish.  How do I go about finding out where Otto was born?

The next thing I need help with is where do I go from here?  Now that I
have found there marriage can any one help me on where to go next?
 Bertha Had Two brothers Henry Boehlke and Reinhold Boehlke that
immigrated to the states and ended up in Alberta Canada.  She had a
sister Amelia Kutz that ended up in Syskston North Dakota.  Also her
mother Fredericka Welhelmine Zahn immigrated with her daughter Amelia to
North Dakota and is buried there.  Bertha's parents are Karl Boehlke and
Fredericka Welhelmine Zahn, they were married in 1853.  Welhelmine was
born Jan 12 1834 in Minutsdorf, Provence of Posen Germany.  All the
stories say that the Boehlke family moved to Russia when the children
were young.  Karl died in Russia.  Sorry to have made this so long.  Can
any one help me?  Thank you for your time.
Michelle Bakke-Purnell
Alberta Canada