[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Our mailing list has been targeted

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Thu Oct 3 10:55:56 PDT 2002

by someone with the new Bear Bug virus (similar characteristics to Klez).

I want to assure you that it was stopped at the website and was not
distributed through our list.

This virus is however spoofing subject lines that may include our title
[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] or that of other mailing lists.  Be extra cautious
about opening any attachments that appear to be associated with our mailing
list.  I have already seen or heard of 3 other mailing list names included
in the subject line so it may be using special means to specifically target
mailing list addresses.

Remember:  Our mailing list  DOES  NOT  transmit attachments so you should
never attempt to open one that APPEARS to be coming from our list.

And, as always, please install and maintain a good virus checker.

This warning is issued by the List Administrator for the benefit of all
subscribers.  If you have any further comments on this subject, please
direct them to me personally rather than through the list.

Thank you.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html