[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] re: Lisionki renamed?

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Sat Oct 5 05:58:57 PDT 2002

Reiner,

As you know, the Sompolno records show Lisionki spelled consistently this
way. Originally, I identified a town by this name and have been using
"Lisionki,
Wloclawek, Bydgoszcz" to identify the town.  Not impossible, many of
neighboring Babiak parish's villages have this identifier.

But for Sompolno, this has been bothering me for a while. And I looked at
a map that I have, and think I have an answer.

In the area North-Northwest of Sompolno, there is a triangle formed by
Lisianki
at the top, Polajewo at the bottom left, and Rudzk Wielki at the lower right.
Right now, I cannot determine whether to put it into "L, Radziejow,
Bydgoszcz"
or "L, Konin, Poznan" because it is right at the borderline of the two
powiats.

I will check into this further at the Family History Center.

Al Muth