[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family name

James A. Geike jageike at msn.com
Sat Oct 5 16:46:05 PDT 2002

In the past I have subscribed to agenealogy service and joined orrginizations
just to find out their much advertised data banks contained only what I had
independently found.
Can anyone advise me of the likleyhood of getting meaningful data by joining
SGGEE ?  According to records I was able to find a passing reference to the
GEIKE family placed them in an area nw of Kiev. My grandfather was born in
Zhitomir in either 1876 or 1878 but I did not find him listed in the St. Pete
files. Any help to steer me in anew direction would be gratefully accepted.