[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family name

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 5 22:55:02 PDT 2002

In addition to the research advice John Marsch offered, I would point out
that there are other advantages to Society membership including receipt of
the quarterly Journal which provides excellent topical studies of life in
Volhynia and Russian Poland, research opportunities, stories, etc.

At 04:46 PM 05/10/2002 -0700, James A. Geike wrote:
>In the past I have subscribed to agenealogy service and joined orrginizations
>just to find out their much advertised data banks contained only what I had
>independently found.
>Can anyone advise me of the likleyhood of getting meaningful data by joining
>SGGEE ?  According to records I was able to find a passing reference to the
>GEIKE family placed them in an area nw of Kiev. My grandfather was born in
>Zhitomir in either 1876 or 1878 but I did not find him listed in the St. Pete
>files. Any help to steer me in anew direction would be gratefully accepted.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca