[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Krueger - Mathias

Dale Mattis dmattis at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 13 06:44:46 PDT 2002

Thank you for your note, Gail.  I do not see a link to your names,
although I have some connection to your locations.  Here's all I have on
my Krueger's (please note revised information from what I posted
before):

GOTTLIEB KRUEGER (b: 3/15/1840 in Lodz, Poland, d: 7/29/1937 in
Portland, OR), married (place and date unknown) to ROSALIE RADKE (born
and died unknown).  The following are their children I know of, all of
whom emigrated to the US around 1900-1910:
SUSANNA KRUEGER (b: 5/2/1870 in Lublin, Russia, d: 4/14/1961 in Midland,
MI), married to GOTTLIEB MAJESKE (b: 9/6/1870 in Tutschin, Volhynia, d:
5/11/1926 in Bay County, MI) in 1890 in Lublin.
WILHELMINE KRUEGER (b: 10/24/1872 in Korist, Volhynia, d: 10/24/1958 in
Hazel Park, MI), married date and place unknown to WILLIAM/WILHELM
MATHIS (b: 1/12/1873 in Zalaski, Kolo, Poznan, Poland).
ED KRUEGER, (b: place and date unknown, d: date unknown, in Langley,
Washington).
FRED (FRIEDRICH?) KRUEGER (b: date and place unknown, d: 1952, place
unknown).
ALVINA KRUEGER (b: 7/8/1884 in Mossijewka, Volhynia, d: place and date
unknown) married date and place unknown to CARL MAJESKE (b,d: place and
date unknown).

I've also got Krueger  names in my tree further back, in the Kolo parish
in Congress Poland:  Karoline, Florentine, and Gottfried Krueger, born
11/17/1840, 3/16/1859, and 5/10/1852, respectively, in Dabie, Kolo,
Poznan, Poland, and married to Friedrich Falkenberg, Julius Gurke, and
Emilie Woltmann, respectively.

That's all of my Krueger connections.  You also provided some Mathias
names.  I have not seen that spelling before, if it is the same family
of my Mattis surnames, and no Chicago connections so far.  I do have 3
Michael Matthews/Mattis listings in my research and 1 William.  Perhaps
you can let me know if you have more info on those folks.

If you're researching or connected to any of these folks, could you
please let me know?  I'm also posting this to the Krueger/rootsweb and
GermanRussian/rootsweb lists and the SGGEE list, in case it links with
any other researchers. Thank you.

Dale Mattis, researching Mattis/Mathes/Mathis/Matheas,
Nikolai/Nicolai, Mieske/Miske/Mueske, Arndt, Pahl, Erbe, Haag/Haak,
Krueger, Majeske