[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sudden Deaths, sickness?

TRecks1999 at aol.com TRecks1999 at aol.com
Mon Oct 14 17:46:31 PDT 2002

Good day all;

Not to bring everyone down, but I would like to know if anyone has an idea why several members of a family would die in the span of two weeks.

In 1874 in the first two weeks of January three of my grandad lost three of his siblings.  The family lived in Boratin at the time and were born in Pilowka.  (I assume this town is also listed as Pillaw, Siedlitz, Poland)
Caroline Reck, Eduard Reck, and Juliane Reck age 10, 3, and 6 months all passed away.  (Surname incorrectly spelled "Rex" in some records)

Was this just some very unfortunate accident or maybe there was smallpox going around?  Any ideas?

On a lighter note;
To everyone who makes this site so good.  You will never know how much you are appreciated.  The Lord's blessings to you and yours.

Tim Recks

researching:

Reck/Rek/Rex/Rech, Koehle/Kehle, Steier/Steuer, Felske/Felski, Winterle, Thiele/Thiede