[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parish records in Pogorzele area

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 17 07:25:59 PDT 2002

You may have to do some detailed research to see what is going on
here.  This would entail finding all Doberstein entries for births,
marriages, and deaths.  You would want to do this eventually anyway to
compile the siblings of Michael D.

If you find the death of Suzanne and then a remarriage to Elisabeth, your
question is easily cleared up.

Look at the age of the groom and then ages shown as father and see if they
are consistent for all records.  If there is significant difference in ages
reported for Peter (more than a year or two), then it is possible you are
dealing with 2 different Peters.  It is still a question mark as there are
times where I have seen large discrepancies up to 10 years for someone I
know to be the father.

If the ages seem consistent but you cannot find a death or remarriage
record, then is there an equivalent gap in birth records?  It is possible
the family moved to a neighbouring parish for 4 or 5 years and then returned.

If you have the record of marriage, it should show Suzanne's surname.  See
if you can get someone to help you read it.  Make a photocopy and scan if
possible which can be sent privately to others on this list who can offer
to help.  If her surname is also Friske, then it is still possible that
these are 2 different women but it is also possible that her name was
Suzanne Elisabeth, commonly known as Elisabeth.

As you compile the records, you may find other clues that will help you
sort out the situation such as - are there any births for children of Peter
and Suzanne?  If not, maybe Suzanne and Elisabeth are one and the same.  Etc.

At 08:13 PM 15/10/2002 -0500, Mike and Tana Laudolff wrote:
>I am wondering if anyone else is researching families in the following area:
>Parish of Lubstow, near Piotrkowie,Poland. I have found a marriage for what I
>believe is for a Peter Doberstein and suzanne ?. Year 1827. (BMD 1808-1832
>#746759LDS) .I am hoping this would be my g-g-g grandfather. However, his son
>was Michael and Elisabeth Friske is listed as the mother. It could be quite
>possible that these are the same two Peter's ( a couple of wives).

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca