[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wolter/Walter from Volhynia

Doris Smith donel at mts.net
Fri Oct 18 09:34:08 PDT 2002

   I am researching the Wolter/Walter family from Volhynia.  Siblings
were August Wolter d. abt 1901 in Russia, married to Martha Alexander
also d. abt 1901.  Maximillan nothing known about him but he remained in
Solonief Russia. Stefan b. 1850 married Louise Preise from Heimthal
parish in 1883, emigrated to Canada in 1904.  Micheal b. 1858 married
Anna Treichel from Shitomir parish 1879 emigrated to Canada in 1907.
 There also may have been a sister, Wilhelmina, d. 1903 in Russia who
was married to John Boehm.  I haven't been able to confirm that yet.  I
have some documents that say that the children of August and Martha were
born in Rozyszcae.  I also found that Micheal came to Canada through
Ellis Island and it listed that his place of residence was Horoschel
Russia and he emigrated from the port of Bremen.  I also suspect that
Stefan and his family came through Bremen but landed in Canada in 1904.
 I have looked through the ships passenger lists in the Archives  but
have been unable to find them.  Is there a passenger list from Bremen
that I could check and where do I go for that list.  Any help from
anyone as to where to look for anything to get passed the brick wall
would be appreciated.