[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Andreburg

Hakimk2 at aol.com Hakimk2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 21 08:33:53 PDT 2002

Greetings,

A number of my Kwast cousins who were born between 1926 and 1939, list
Andreburg, USSR as the location of their birth. Various spellings were found
in EWZ files including Andreiburg, Andrejburg, and Andreasburg. I found
Andreburg, using Shtetlseeker, as being 308 miles S.E. of Kiev. This does not
fit since all my other relatives were born in the Pulin area of Volhynia. Is
there a Andreburg in the Pulin area? Another possibility is that the families
had been sent to a collective located in the Andreburg found in Shtetlseeker.

Second question; where is Zarizin? My grandfather Ludwig Kwast died during
the 1915 deportation, supposedly en route to "Siberia." A recent finding in a
EWZ file recorded his death as being in the town of Zarizin. Help in location
Zarizin would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Harold A. Kwast