[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Andreburg

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 22 08:40:10 PDT 2002

Re: The following.... the EWZ records normally include information on the
region as well as the name of the town ... if Andreburg is in the Pulin
area, it should say so, and include a reference to Schitomir as well. If
it's not in that area, it should say something else. That should help you
track it down.

dave

> At 11:33 AM 21/10/2002 -0400, Hakimk2 at aol.com wrote:
> >A number of my Kwast cousins who were born between 1926 and 1939, list
> >Andreburg, USSR as the location of their birth. Various spellings were
found
> >in EWZ files including Andreiburg, Andrejburg, and Andreasburg. I found
> >Andreburg, using Shtetlseeker, as being 308 miles S.E. of Kiev. This does
not
> >fit since all my other relatives were born in the Pulin area of Volhynia.
Is
> >there a Andreburg in the Pulin area? Another possibility is that the
families
> >had been sent to a collective located in the Andreburg found in
Shtetlseeker.