[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village search

Bob Hammond rhammond24 at attbi.com
Tue Oct 29 17:15:01 PST 2002

I have been searching unsuccessfully for the village Roashefski which my
grandfather listed as his home on his immigration papers in 1912. He
referred to himself as a German from Russia, and other family members
tell me that he came from the Volhynia region of Russia. One response I
received earlier on another newsgroup was that the name sounded more
Polish than Russian or German, but so far no success. My grandfather's
name was Reinholdt Fillenberg. He married my grandmother who immigrated
from the same area, following him. Her name was Bertha Getske. Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Hammond

2421 W. 107th Drive

Westminster, CO 80234

303-466-4589