[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ger-poland-volynia digest,vol.231message3: Ostenberg

Diana Kooij dianagk at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 1 20:06:41 PDT 2002

Hi, I checked the Ravenstein atlas from about 1883 and there is a "osterburg"
and other spellings at www.library.wisc.edu/etext/ravenstein/indexdl.html.
This was a great site such that I downloaded the whole book!!!

But added to this, I thought some Dutch emigrated to Prussia way back when,
during the days of religious persecution.  One of my namesake ancestors came
to the U.S., therefore my name of KOOIJ and we are from OOSTERZEE, which is
north of Amsterdam, near Lemmer, Holland.

Anyway I wanted to put in my 2Cents.  good luck, diana g. Kooij