[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Update about our mail service

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Wed Sep 4 07:30:20 PDT 2002

We are approaching one year in service and I am pleased to report that we
now have 290 subscribers to our mail list.  It continues to grow even
though many subscribers drop off because it does not meet there
needs.  Thank you for your cooperation in holding to subject content and
making my work as administrator much easier by doing so.

I know that many of you have found help in extending your family research
AND in finding long lost cousins.  NETWORKING is the key issue here and it
does work.  I would like to encourage you to continue helping each other in
this way.  Just 2 weeks ago one of our members was put in contact with
cousins in Germany that she didn't know existed.  They are now pooling
their research efforts from both sides of the pond to come up with more
complete family data.

Of course there are others who have posted and have not been helped.  Many
of you probably didn't even get a reply of any kind.  Don't be
discouraged.  There are times your research will try up.  In addition, your
posting has gone into our archive which is open to search engines such as
GOOGLE.  Someone may find it 2 years from now and offer a response.

Please continue to post on our list.  Your message does not have to have a
question.  You are welcome to report your successes and struggles in your
genealogical research so long as it relates to the general topics outlined
on our webpage.

A REMINDER ABOUT VIRUSES:
The distribution system now in place has proven effective at blocking the
spread of viruses through our mail list.  However, the administrative
addresses at the SGGEE site cannot be protected in the same way so viruses
still get through to me and the other SGGEE volunteers.  In many cases,
this is because the administrative address is in the address book of an
infected SGGEE member or subscriber to this list.  Please ensure that you
operate and MAINTAIN an effective virus protection system on your computer.

Thank you also for sticking to our rule regarding posting of messages about
viruses.  We have not had any problems in that regard either.

Thanks are due to SGGEE for supporting and hosting this mail list.  Without
them, it would not be nearly as effective.

Happy ancestor hunting!

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html