[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FW: Rudjic

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 4 12:13:00 PDT 2002

The closest possibility I can find is Rudzica a short distance NE of Konin.

There are many Rudka, Rutki, and similar variants scattered throughout
eastern Europe but I cannot see any other good sounds alike possibilities.

A variant spelling for Rudjic might be Rudiec but that doesn't get us any
closer to a solution.

One other possibility since it seems not too far away from Borzymowice is
Redecz.  It is about 15 km NNW of there, a short distance NW of Lubraniec.

If your original source might be a little unclear as to spelling, I'd be
willing to have a look at a scan if you can send one to me privately.

At 11:22 AM 04/09/2002 -0700, Sue Eipert wrote:

>Does anyone have any knowledge of a town called Rudjic? Or likely alternate
>spellings? I haven't been able to find it.
>
>Michael Liedtke was born there about 1793. I know he was in Borzymowice
>(Borzymowice, Wloclawek, Bydgoszcz, Poland) about 1818 through 1824 because
>some of his children were born there.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca