[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Records for Suwalki

Harry Jansohn hrjansohn at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 07:15:21 PDT 2003

This is in response to a letter from Dr. Harry Stossun requesting
information for twotowns in Suwalki.  I would just like to add that I
have found some birth and confirmation recordsfor some of my ancestors in
the FHC microfilms for the Ev. Lutheran Church of Marijampole,which is in
the Suwalki area, and is listed under films for Poland and Lithuania,
because itwas part of both countries at different times, and the
records are in the Archives at Vilnius and Warsaw.The records are in
German, Russian, Polish or Lithuanian, depending on the dates.Janice
Jansohn --- Harry Jansohn--- hrjansohn at earthlink.net--- EarthLink: The #1
provider of the Real Internet.