[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Eugen Oskar Kossmann's books

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 8 14:55:47 PDT 2003

Depends on which one(s) you are talking about.  His "Die deutschrechtliche
Siedlung in Polen" (1937)seems to be readily available from several used
bookstores in Germany and I have seen the one specific to Lodz from time to
time.  Took me about 6 years though to find a copy of "Die Deutschen in
Polen seit der Reformation" (1978).  You pretty much have to browse through
the online lists once or month or so to try to catch them.

I don't know that any of them are available in new bookstores.

My favourite links for German used books are:

http://www.zvab.com/

http://www.antiqbook.com/

but there are others which you could find using GOOGLE.  Some bookstores
show independent inventory on their private websites rather than using the
above.

At 05:10 PM 08/04/2003 -0400, Marlis Nebel wrote:
>I have tried to locate Eugen Oskar Kossmann's books
>(in the German language) with no luck.  Does anyone
>know of a bookstore that either has them available or
>can order them?  (One internet bookstore claimed to
>have them available but when I inquired further, they
>turned out not to have anything).  A relative of mine
>will be travelling through Berlin, Germany at the end
>of May - beginning of June 2003.  She will be staying
>at a hotel close to the "Tiergarten." She could pick
>up the order if anyone knows of a bookstore there.
>
>Thank-you,
>Marlis
>Ontario, CA

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta