[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "Deutsche Volksliste"

Lonnie Scallen ndseagirl at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 00:51:58 PDT 2003

Could someone please explain to me in laymans terms what the "Deutsche
Volksliste" is?  I looked it up on google and found the explanation
confusing.  I had a Polish relative that had something to do with it. I
recently looked at my first German records microfilm for
births-christenings.  Could someone tell me what all the different
columns are for.  I know kinder is child, mutter is mother, tag is day.
There didn't seem to be a column for father.  Some of the other ones are
hard to figure out.  I had an exact date and place for a christening.  I
ordered the microfilm from the FHC.  I checked the time frame it was
supposed to be in, but the entry wasn't there.  What do I do? Thank you
in advance for any help. Lonnie Scallen