[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Elisabeth and Luise

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 15 10:19:35 PDT 2003

I have seen much of this too.  I can only think she was called "Lizzie or
Lissie" and the recorder mistook took it for Luise.

Rose Ingram

>     There appears to be a considerable frequency of interchangeability
between the given names of Elisabeth and Luise in German Lutheran church
records from Poland.
>     For example, a birth record might indicate the child's name as being
Elisabeth but in a death record it might be recorded as Luise.  This occurs
frequently enough to make one believe there is some sort of connection
between the two names.