[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] germans went to Volhynia and returned to Germany

Eduardo chiquinhok at terra.com.br
Tue Apr 15 11:50:25 PDT 2003

Hello members,

In my researches, I saw part of germans who went to Volhynia returned to
Germany before move to other countries.
I think my ancestors did it, but I4m not sure. Is there somebody who could
explain me this return of gremans to Germany.
I4m confused because my great-grandfather August Kommers got a ship in
Marseille, France in 1897 and moved to Brazil.
So, why in France? Why not in Germany? Is it possible they went to France
directly instead Germany from Volhynia?

thanks for helping

Eduardo Kommers