[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bundling Boards

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Thu Apr 17 13:47:16 PDT 2003

There is the mention of "bundling boards" in my family history. It is also a
part of Amish traditions.
I am aware of their intended use but my curious mind raises the question.

Was it placed under the covers or over the covers and fastened in some way to
the head and foot boards? My guess that for general protection it must have
been placed on top. This way the couple would truly be kept apart.

There are many references to bundling boards on a "net search" but I have not
discovered a picture or a description of how it was installed.

This is a serious matter that I believe some our G-R should be able to resolve
for me.

I also wonder if the darn thing worked or if the parents had to check it
through out the night?

lloyd friedrick