[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German register of births, mariages and deaths

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 19 08:26:59 PDT 2003

As with most other jurisdictions around the world, I doubt there is a
single national register for vital statistics.  You usually have to go to
go to some regional or even local town site for information.  Every country
has its own rules regarding privacy.  In most cases it is not a problem to
get information say 75, 90, or 100 years or older.  Newer info may require
some form of proof of relationship.  For still others, the time frame is
dependent on whether it is a birth, marriage, or death record you
seek.  But you need to ask that question specifically of the individual
archive.

Do you know what region you require?  If so, post that and perhaps more
specific info can be provided.

At 03:58 PM 18/04/2003 +0200, hbenne601.freeler.nl wrote:
>Does anybody know if a central German register of births, mariages and
>deaths excists? Which office / organisation is hosting it?
>How likely is it that they will supply information about individuals due
>to privacy-legislation etc.?
>Kindly regards,
>Hugo Benne

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta