[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lapadkach, Prussia?

Miles Ertman milesertman at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 24 06:23:21 PDT 2003

Thanks for the replies Rose and G|nther!

I believe that Deutsch Lopatken (Lopatki), Kreis Briesen is the right place.
The other person being married in this marriage record is from Rehden, W.
Prussia which is quite close to Lopatken.

Miles Ertman

on 4/24/03 1:36 AM, G|nther Bvhm at GHBoehm at ish.de wrote:

>Does anyone know where Lapadkach, Prussia?  This was taken from a Polish
>marriage record.

Hello Miles,
In Prussia there were the two villages Deutsch Lopatken (Lopatki), Kreis
(district) Briesen, and and Polnisch Lopatken (Lopatki Polskie), Kreis
Graudenz, both Provinz Westpreussen (West Prussia). Since Lapadkach is
dative plural of Lapadki, actually both could be ment. Evangelic parish
registers of Deutsch Lopatken may be found under Hohenkirch,
Westpreussen, catholic parish registers of Polnisch Lopatken under
Braunsfelde, Westpreussen. I suggest to have a look at
www.westpreussen.de/kirchenbuecher/kbbriesen.htm

Good luck,
Guenther Boehm
of Hilden, Germany