[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Michaelis family

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 1 09:26:58 PDT 2003

The following request was received by me.  This person is not a list member
so if you can help, please respond directly to them rather than by way of
this list, at:

mondsteinzauber at gmx.net

------------------------------------
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herrn,
kvnnen Sie uns bitte helfen.
Betreff : Gesucht wird Robert Michaelis, geboren am 25.05.1926 in
Luszczanowice in Polen.
Evt. Namensdnderung in Michelis.
ev. Kirche Kleszczow.
Vermi_t seit 17.01.1945, da kam der letzte Brief, da war Robert mit einem
Laster Lebensmittel zur Front unterwegs.
Der Vater war Ernst Michaelis, die Mutter Wanda Michaelis.
Eine Schwester Julianne, ein Bruder Eugen.
Michaelis waren wegen der Windm|hle in Luszczanowice bekannt.

Mit lieben Gr|_en
Julianne Michaelis
------------------------------------

Rough translation:

Can you please help us?
We are looking for Robert Michaelis, born 25 May 1926 in Luszczanowice,
Poland   [Note:  Luszczanowice is located about 18 km NW of Radomsko or 18
km SSW of Belchatow.]
Variant spelling may be Michelis.
Evangelical [Lutheran] Church in Keszczow
Missing since 17 Jan 1945 when the last letter came from Robert [mit einem
Laster Lebensmittel zur Front unterwegs ? - perhaps:  travelling to the
front with a truck load of groceries?]
His parents were Ernst and Wanda Michaelis.
A sister is Julianne and a brother Eugen.
The Michaelis family was known to be associated with the windmill at
Luszczanowice.

With friendly greetings,
Julianne Michaelis

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta