[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volk auf dem Weg

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 3 07:41:35 PDT 2003

Dwayne:
    SGGEE has not established a database for obituaries although it might be something to consider.  If such a task was undertaken, it would be desirable to organize a network of volunteers who would monitor various publications, such as Volk auf dem Weg in Europe, and those in North & South America .
    There is no doubt obituaries are often a source of good information but they can also be a source of misleading information at times.
    As president and member of the SGGEE Board of directors, I will bring this subject up for discussion to determine if this is something we should pursue.
    Thank you for your input on this Dwayne.

John Marsch

  The Landmanschaft organization publishes a monthly magazine titled as above.
  Near the end of it there are obituaries and people looking for relatives etc.
  As I looked at one recent publication, I realized that I saw a person of whom
  I had noted from EWZ records several months ago. She was from a village that I
  am researching, and this prompted the notation.

  I asked at the organization in Stuttgart about an index and they do not
  maintain a database of the obituaries. Does anyone know if someone is
  maintaining this type of database? If so, it might provide people with another
  resource, if they are looking for a particular individual such as a missing
  family member.

  Thanks

  Dwayne