[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rudolf Steinkie

Ron Neuman rneuman at planet.eon.net
Mon Aug 4 20:41:01 PDT 2003

My parents sponsored a Steinke family from the Sompolno area of Poland
after World War II.  They lived on our farm (just southeast of Edmonton,
Alberta) for one year (about 1947/1948) and worked as farm labourers for my
father.  Then they moved to Edmonton and he worked at Gainer's Meat Packing
Plant.

The names of the family members were Rudolph, his wife Helena, and a son
named Bruno.  I believe that Bruno may still be alive and living in Edmonton.

Helena had two sisters, Lydia Cywinski and a Mrs. Badke, and a
sister-in-law, Florence Janke (and her four sons) who also lived in Edmonton.

Contact me if you need more information.